Trinity Mount Ministries

Showing posts with label Patch. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Patch. Show all posts

Friday, May 8, 2020

Sex Trafficking Operation Run By Polish Immigrants Busted: Feds

The men accused of running the "Norridge Girls" prostitution ring complained the coronavirus cut into their $40,000-a-month profits.

By Jonah Meadows, Patch Staff 

Marcin Ciborowski and Mariusz Daniluk are charged with running a yearslong prostitution ring in Chicago and the suburbs. (Jonah Meadows/Patch, File)

CHICAGO — A pair of undocumented Polish immigrants charged with running a prostitution ring complained in a recorded conversation about how the spread of the coronavirus had disrupted their sex trafficking operation, authorities said.
The two men ran what was known as the "Norridge Girls" prostitution operation, which involved arranging for the arrival of a rotating roster of sex workers from Poland, Russia, Ukraine and the Czech Republic, according to federal investigators.
Marcin Ciborowski, also known as "Rafal Golaszewski," was arrested Feb. 14 at O'Hare International Airport. The same day, immigration officials intercepted and turned back a pair of women suspected of working in his prostitution scheme that he had allegedly been waiting to pick up.
Ciborowski, who has been held ever since at the McHenry County Jail, has been arrested at least five times in four states, including twice in Illinois, according to the feds. His most recent arrest was a 2016 DUI charge in Illinois.
Authorities said he has been held in administrative custody pending his removal to Poland, which has been delayed by the cancellation of flights due to the coronavirus pandemic. He was previously deported in 2002 but arrested again in 2005 after illegally reentering the country, prosecutors said.

Ciborowski told investigators he last entered the country around 2010 after paying $7,000 to a Polish smuggling organization to illegally bring him over the U.S.-Mexico border, and then bought someone else's genuine identity cards for $2,000 from a person he believed had a contact at the Illinois Secretary of State's Office and then managed to obtain a commercial driver's license under the assumed name, according to federal prosecutors.
Investigators learned more about the scheme, which operated out of the Northwest Side of Chicago and several northwest suburbs, including Arlington Heights, Elk Grove Village and Rosemont, by reviewing online postings on prostitution-focused forums, according to an affidavit from Oleg Sokolov, a special agent with the Internal Revenue Service. Their online advertisements shared common language, including the phrase, "No African American Guys."
After comparing online prostitution ads with travel records, agents identified a dozen suspected Norridge Girl escorts and began interviewing them upon their arrival or departure from the country, the affidavit said.
Several of the women admitted working for the operation and said recruiters had led them to believe they were getting involved with a high-end escort business that involved "travel, gentlemen, yachts, and hotels," but in reality they found themselves working 12-hour days with up to 10 clients, Sokolov said. The leaders of the scheme would take half of their proceeds and occasionally take them to buy groceries or to wire money back to Europe.
One woman said she had been beaten at least 10 times by clients who demanded to have sex without a condom. She gave investigators photos showing her with a bloody nose and bruises, saying the ringleaders of the scheme never did anything to physically abusive clients and warned her against reporting the beatings to police, according to Sokolov's 93-page affidavit.
Another woman told investigators that she believed the ringleaders were able to stay operational for more than eight years at a location in the 7500 block of West Belmont Avenue by paying off local police, the IRS agent said. The operator of a shop on the ground floor of the building was aware of the ongoing prostitution business.
Starting the day after his Valentine's Day arrest at O'Hare, Ciborowski began placing phone calls on the prison phone system to a fellow accused sex trafficker to discuss the details of their prostitution business, according to the affidavit. The phone calls were in Polish and were recorded and translated by authorities.
Mariusz Daniluk, who has been charged alongside Ciborowski with one count of conspiracy to import, "employ, or harbor in any house or other place, aliens for the purpose of prostitution or for any other immoral purpose," continued to operate the Norridge Girl ring after another alleged accomplice, Rafal Surala, was deported back to Poland in November 2019 and after Ciborowski was arrested in February, according to federal prosecutors.
One of the sex workers told investigators she believed Ciborowski was the boss of the operation, according to the affidavit. She said she believed he "did bad things in Poland," such as "cut fingers off." She told agents she was scared to talk about more about Ciborowski or Surala out of fear for what they might do to her or her family, and she believed both were involved in organized crime.
Like Ciborowski, Daniluk did not have lawful status in the United States, according to authorities. He was living in the northwest suburbs after having been released on bond for immigration violations.
The two men were recorded discussing their declining prostitution business as the coronavirus spread throughout the Chicago area, the affidavit said.
"Nothing man, zero [expletive], you know responses," Daniluk said in mid-March.
"[Expletive], what the [expletive] is this, since the morning they're talking about this corona [expletive], [expletives]," Ciborowski said from inside the jail in Woodstock.
At one point, they allegedly spoke of the possibility one of their workers had contracted COVID-19.
"I don't know what, [expletive] fever, cough etc." Daniluk said.
"Uhuh, uhuh, let's hope it's not that [expletive] you know," Ciborowski responded.
"I don't know, I can't tell you since yesterday," Daniluk said.
"Yeah, and if one is sick, the rest might be sick as well," Cibrowski said.
"I don't [expletive] know, I don't know what it is, you know," Daniluk said.
"[expletive]. You can't get her [expletive] checked out?" Cibrowski asked.
"Well I can, but getting it checked out now is you know," Daniluk said.
On March 16, Daniluk complained about having to go to four stores to buy three packages of toilet paper.
"How's the sick one?" Ciborowski asked.
"The sick one is better," Daniluk said.
"Ah, so that means it's not corona," Ciborowski said.
"But I, I did not go inside," Daniluk said.
"Well, no no no, why the [expletive] would you," Ciborowski said.
Federal investigators estimated that the Norridge Girls ringleaders generated about $40,000 a month in revenue before the COVID-19 pandemic. They converted the cash into cryptocurrencies and bought expensive luxury vehicles, authorities said.
But like many Illinois business owners, they said the coronavirus had cut their profits to "zero" and, in transcripts of a translated phone calls, worried their operation was not generating enough cash to pay the bills after Gov. J.B. Pritzker's March 20 stay-at-home order shuttered non-essential operations.
"I know, I know, yeah," Ciborwoski said. "I'm wondering how long this will [expletive] last still."
"I don't have a clue," Daniluk said.


Friday, August 9, 2019

Child Molestation Charges Filed Against East County Man

Six felony charges of lewd acts on a child were filed against a 34-year-old East County man accused of sexually assaulting an underage girl.

By California News Wire Services, News Partner

Six felony charges of lewd acts on a child were filed against a 34-year-old East County man accused of sexually assaulting an underage girl. (Shutterstock)

EL CAJON, CA – Six felony charges of lewd acts on a child were filed Thursday against a 34-year-old East County man accused of sexually assaulting an underage girl.

Shaun Crocker, also known as Shawn Hedge Crocker, according to a criminal complaint, is accused of touching the victim inappropriately on various occasions between September and November of last year.

According to KGTV, Crocker is the son of Matthew Hedge, a convicted sex molestation convictions, but also a judge's controversial decision to lift Hedge's sexually violent predator status and release him from custody without supervision.

KGTV cites statements from the alleged victim's mother regarding Crocker's parentage, though the District Attorney's office has not confirmed the relation.

Crocker, who faces 18 years in prison if convicted of all charges, was arrested Wednesday and remains in custody on $1 million bail, according to county jail records. He's next due in court Aug. 16.

Hedge pleaded guilty in 1989 to molesting four children in the San Diego area and served 12 years in prison. He was committed to the sexually violent predator treatment program in 1997, but was released into outpatient treatment in 2005 in a trailer outside Donovan State Prison in Otay Mesa.

His outpatient status was revoked within six weeks for violating terms of his release.

After more than two years of in-patient hospital treatment, the court in October 2008 again granted Hedge's petition to be placed in outpatient treatment.

In 2012, he was released without supervision after San Diego Superior Court Judge David Gill determined he no longer posed a danger to others and was unlikely to re-offend.

– City News Service


Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Boy Scout Child Sex Abuse: Here's How Many Accused In CT

The Boy Scout logo is displayed in a store on July 27, 2015 in San Rafael, California. (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

More than 100 former Boy Scout leaders who appeared in the so-called "Perversion Files" were being singled out Tuesday. The law firms of Greg Gianforcaro and Jeff Anderson & Associates named leaders in New York and New Jersey at a livestreamed press conference where sex abuse survivors were to share their stories.

More than 7,800 Boy Scouts of America leaders nationwide were accused by the lawyers of child sex abuse. Many of the former Scout leaders appeared in a sweeping Los Angeles Times database dating to October 2012 that tracked thousands of men and women who were kicked out of the organization between 1947 and January 2005 due to suspected sex abuse.

Jeff Anderson said he planned to file multiple lawsuits against the Boy Scouts on behalf of many victims.

"When we got this information, we had to sound this alarm," he said.

There are about 35 Boy Scout leaders from Connecticut who appeared in the "Perversion Files." Patch is not naming the individuals as many were not charged. The Times noted that an unknown number of files were purged by the organization before the 1990s and an un­known num­ber of ad­di­tion­al cases were cre­ated after 2005. The most recent Connecticut file is from 2004 and the oldest dates back to 1956. All but four of around 80 files are from before 2000.

There are more than 100,000 scouting units nationwide, the organization wrote on its website.

The Boy Scouts said in a statement to media outlets Monday night that it cares "deeply about all victims of child sex abuse" and sincerely apologizes to "anyone who was harmed during their time in Scouting." The organization stressed that it has enacted "strong youth protection policies" to prevent future abuses. This includes mandatory youth protection trainings and a formal leader-selection process that includes criminal background checks.

"We believe victims, we support them, and we have paid for unlimited counseling by a provider of their choice," the BSA said. "Nothing is more important than the safety and protection of children in Scouting, and we are outraged that there have been times when individuals took advantage of our programs to abuse innocent children."

The BSA added that it never knowingly allowed people accused of abuse to work with kids. All leaders, volunteers and staff members are required to immediately report abuse allegations to law enforcement.

The cases in the "Perversion Files" database originated from secret Scouting files submitted in court cases, The Times wrote. Specifically, the cases originated from a 1992 Cali­for­nia law­suit, a release order by the Ore­gon Su­preme Court and sum­mary data on ad­di­tion­al files.

On Tuesday, the law firms said they'd demand identifying and background information in every BSA leader accused of child sex abuse in New Jersey and New York.

The "Perversion Files" documented horrific sex abuse allegations. In some states, Scouts were stripped naked and rubbed with ice cubes. Others were forced to have oral sex with their troop leaders and molested on camping trips, according to the report.

Patch staffers Noah Manskar, Tom Davis and Dan Hampton contributed reporting.


Friday, August 3, 2018

3rd Child Porn Conviction For Old Bridge Man

Old Bridge man with two prior child porn convictions pleaded guilty Thursday to having 119 images and 65 child sex videos on his cell.


By Carly Baldwin, Patch Staff | Aug 3, 2018

OLD BRIDGE, NJ — An Old Bridge man who has two prior child pornography convictions resulting from arrests in 2006 and 2009 pleaded guilty Thursday to a new child pornography charge stemming from his arrest last year in "Operation Safety Net."

Kevin G. Wenng Jr., 36, of Old Bridge, pictured above, pleaded guilty before Superior Court Judge Dennis V. Nieves on Thursday, Aug. 2 to possessing more than 100 files of child pornography. Under the plea agreement, the state will recommend that Wenng be sentenced to five years in state prison.

He already was registered as a sex offender under Megan's Law, but the state will now recommend that he be ordered to be subject to parole supervision for life. Wenng is scheduled to be sentenced on Nov. 2.

Wenng was arrested on May 9, 2017, by detectives from the New Jersey State Police, Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office and Old Bridge police dept. State police had received a tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) about a user who uploaded numerous files of child pornography to a cloud storage account. The account was linked to IP addresses that were traced to Wenng. The detectives seized a desktop computer and two cell phones from Wenng. A total of 119 images and 65 videos of child pornography were found on the cell phones.

Wenng was among 79 people arrested in "Operation Safety Net," a nine-month, multi-agency child protection operation conducted in 2017 by the New Jersey Regional Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force, which is led by the New Jersey State Police and includes the New Jersey Division of Criminal Justice, U.S. Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), all 21 county prosecutors' offices, and many other state, county and local law enforcement agencies.

Ten alleged "hands-on" offenders were arrested in Operation Safety Net, including eight New Jersey men, as well as men in California and Indiana who allegedly tried to have children transported interstate from New Jersey so they could sexually assault them.

In 2007, Wenng pleaded guilty to distribution of child pornography and was sentenced to three years in state prison. He was required to register as a sex offender under Megan's Law. In 2010, he pleaded guilty to a charge of possession of child pornography and was sentenced to five years of probation.

Mugshot provided by the New Jersey Attorney General.